Warehouse Forklift Driver
Working at Envision means having a job that’s more than just a way to make money. It's a job that makes a difference.
We offer team members:
- Careers with purpose
- Teamwork environment
- Amazing 401K Retirement Plan
- Envision Paid Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA Plans
- 10 Paid Holidays
- PTO & Vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement
Responsible for operating forklift, picking and packaging orders for daily shipments to Envision Industries customers, and stocking raw materials and finished product while maintaining accurate inventory records. Perform other shipping and receiving duties as needed.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE
- Identify and place raw and finished material into appropriate bin locations and enter information into inventory.
- Identify and locate customer order items to be picked from warehouse bins using a handheld scanner; reduce inventory of the proper number of items.
- Ensure appropriate and accurate paperwork accompanies orders.
- Wrap, mark, label and stage orders in the appropriate location.
- Distribute raw material to production area based on lot numbers, production staging plan and schedules.
- Operate forklift in a safe and efficient manner to move items to be shipped to shipping/receiving area to storage area or from shipping/receiving area to trucks.
- Report all shortages, back orders, and inventory discrepancies to the Warehouse Manager.
- Assist with maintaining the organization and cleanliness of the warehouse area; report need for maintenance and repairs of forklifts and other warehouse equipment to the Warehouse Manager.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
Experience: 1-2 years previous warehouse and forklift experience preferred.
- Possess a good work attitude and a willingness to carry out instructions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with periodic consultation and direction.
- Good math skills, organization and attention to detail.
- Flexibility to perform additional duties as requested, and ability to work overtime as needed.
- Current valid driver’s license required.
- Must maintain a current forklift certification.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising:
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position:
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arm’s reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee must (check one frequency for each task):
Reach above shoulders
X 11-25 lbs
X 11-25 lbs
Employee must use hands for repetitive action such as (please check all):
WORKING CONDITIONS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee is exposed to (check one frequency for each task):
General shop or store conditions
General office environment
Humid, extreme hot/cold temps (non-weather)
Outdoor weather conditions
Fumes or airborne particles
Moving, mechanical parts
Loud noise intensity levels
Risk of electrical shock
Travel for job