LMI is seeking a Linux Administrator
LMI is seeking an experienced Linux Administrator to be responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance, and support of a newly created Linux Cluster supporting IBM Maximo Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) system. The Linux Administrator will work with a team of IT professionals to ensure that the Linux Cluster meets the needs of a federal client.
At LMI, we’re reimagining the path from insight to outcome at the new speed of possible. Combining a legacy of over 60 years of federal expertise with our innovation ecosystem, we minimize time to value and accelerate mission success. We energize the brightest minds with emerging technologies to inspire creative solutioning and push the boundaries of capability. LMI advances the pace of progress, enabling our customers to thrive while adapting to evolving mission needs.
- Build redundant, secure Linux infrastructure as required per application and database.
- Maintain and improve existing infrastructure (build out autoscaling, support new services, optimize for cost efficiencies/authentication/search, etc);
- Administer production, staging and development environments;
- Apply configuration management disciplines to maintain software revisions, security patches, hardening, and documentation;
- Provide on-call support
- Implement Ansible configuration management as appropriate
- Maintain and improve existing build and deployment processes using CI/CD tools;
- Architect, build and maintain on premise and/or cloud infrastructure to support team and customer initiatives;
- Work with other service providers to support areas of common interest;
- Maintain up to date documentation of designs/configurations;
- Enforce best practices for security and reliability, and drive security initiatives, like access control and vulnerability testing;
- Perform routine equipment checks and preventative maintenance;
- Monitor and analyze system performance, such as server load and resource usage;
- Work with Security Team to maintain security requirements for operation of systems;
- Patch systems on a scheduled, timely basis.
- Manage and aggregate server logs and monitor for security and system related incidents.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, a related field
- 7+ years of experience working as a Linux system administrator.
- 3+ years of experience in Maximo system administration
- Strong experience with the installation and setup of RedHat Enterprise Linux or equivalent OS.
- Experience with the use of Maximo with IBM's DB2 database.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Understanding of system and network security.
- Must be a self-starter and analytical problem solver.
Applicants must hold an Active TS clearance and be eligible for Special Access Programs (SAP).
- Linux OS Certifications