Supply Chain Management Consultant - Clearance Required
The Logistics Management Institute (LMI) is seeking is seeking a full-time, experienced Supply Chain and Material Management Subject Matter Expert for an upcoming long-term government contract located in Washington, DC. An ideal candidate would be a retired USAF Senior NCO Logistician with extensive policy development experience at both command-level and installation-level operations. Significant experience with Air Force / DoD Accountable Property System of Record (APSR) / Defense Property Accountability System (DPAS) highly desired. This position is primarily supports HAF AF/A4LR from the Pentagon, Washington, D.C. This career is focused on Supply Chain Class II General Support Equipment and Vehicles wholesale and retail system maintenance, sustainment, migrations, and innovations. The position is a mix of remote tele-work and on-site.
- In-depth Understanding & functionality of the Understanding of DoD Accountable Property System of Record (APSR) Defense Property Accountability System (DPAS) and the Integrated Logistics System-Supply (ILS-S)
- Ensuring DPAS data integrity and the Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) guidance within the logistics enterprise.
- Processing and developing analytical reports within Basing & Logistics Analytics Data Environment (BLADE) and Logistics, Installations and Mission Support-Enterprise View (LIMS-EV)
- Collaborate and work with BLADE team to construct required reports necessary to identify data integrity requirements.
- In-Depth knowledge of Equipment Requirements System (ERS)
- Identify performance problems and develop Logistics metrics.
- Correct erroneous Supply Chain data.
- Participate in Integrated Product Team (IPT) meetings and working groups composed of OSD, JCS, COCOM, USTRANSCOM, Defense Logistics Agency (DLA), Department of Transportation, Department of Homeland Security and/or commercial industry representatives. These groups cover a wide range of transportation and transportation related topics, including time- definite delivery, establishing secure accounts, transportation data and metrics, assuring commercial transportation service providers have access to DoD installations.
- Provide as needed/requested staff package documentation for coordination on new/revised DoD, Joint Staff, Inter-Service/Agency, DAF, and Major Command publications associated with DoD Supply Chain Management.
- Provide recommended updates to Materiel Management series guidance to include Class II General Support Equipment and Vehicles
- Provide recommended updates to operational series guidance to outline specific roles and responsibilities for performing validations between the Logistics Detail and supply data.
- Recommend and Support improvements to USAF Supply Chain Policies and Processes as an operational participant in the USAF Supply Chain Policy Workgroup and the AF Equipment Policy Working Group (AFEPWG).
- Establish and or maintain/modify document training, training guides and continuity.
- Leverage Air Force Staff level experience in support of the Subject Matter Expert (SME) to mil/civ action officers in development of electronic Staff Summary Sheets (eSSS), emails ready to Send (eMRS), Task Management Tool (TMT) senior leader briefings, and correspondences.
- Bachelors degree in business administration, supply chain management, logistics, or 10+ plus years’ experience in DoD logistics and supply chain management.
- Good quantitative and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to use MS Office Suite to include Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written
- High energy, enthusiasm, tact, ability to effectively interact with senior executives from Government and industry
- Ability to create and foster a cooperative work environment.
- Self-directed, detail oriented in completing assigned tasks, able to adapt to changing work efforts and manage impact of shifting priorities.
- Comprehensive understanding of USAF Supply Chain and logistics systems, processes, and policies
- Communicate and work effectively with civilian and military personnel.
- Knowledgeable in DoD policies and procedures to include: DoDI 5000.64 - Defense Property Accountability, DoDI 5000.76 – Accountability and Management of Internal Use Software, DoD Financial Management Regulation 7000.14-R (FMR), U.S. Treasury Chart of Accounts, and Accounting Standards that are issued by the Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB) as they relate to Asset Management, and the Accounting for Plant, Property and Equipment, Internal Use Software, and Operating Materials and Supplies (O&MS).
- Air Force property accounting
- Ability to work independently on taskings
- Stock and inventory control
- Principles of property accounting through manual and automated data processing equipment (ADPE)
- Storage methods
- Warehouse control (issue and disposal)
- Materiel handling techniques
- Methods of preparing and maintaining materiel management records
- Manual and automated materiel management accounting systems
- Logistics principles and interactions (materiel management, maintenance, transportation, and procurement)
- Hazardous material and waste procedures
- Deployment or contingency operations.
- Availability for occasional travel.
- This position requires an active security clearance at the Secret level. You must be a US citizen.
- Prior military or DoD civilian/contractor experience
- Working knowledge of Defense Property Accountability System (DPAS)
- Experience with DPAS