Join the Clune family where you’re valued as an employee owner! Clune Construction is proud to be made up of passionate, driven, unique individuals who exhibit integrity and value quality in everything they do. We welcome diversity of thought and life experience. As an employee-owned company, we invest in our people and in turn, our people benefit from a culture of shared fate. We believe this has led to us being the fortunate recipient of countless awards for our culture and ethics, including Best Places to Work, a Top Workplace nationally, and the Better Business Bureau’s Torch Award for outstanding ethics.
The Superintendent has overall responsibility for projects on-site including site access, scheduling, deliveries, logistics, safety, quality and construction. The core job duties include multi-tasking, functioning effectively under strict time constraints, and being able to manage time efficiently in a fast-paced, collaborative environment while demonstrating a team-player attitude. The Superintendent works closely with the Project Manager to ensure execution of the project plan and is involved in all aspects of a project from pre-construction through closeout.
• Active participation in RFP responses, including developing presentations and participating in the pitch.
• Manage pre-construction scheduling, logistics, and planning.
• Create, maintain and update accurate and detailed project schedules and weekly field updates.
• Manage field team, trade partners, and owner vendors with proactive communication.
• Proactively recognize and work to resolve on-site challenges and issues for a timely resolution with minimum cost impact.
• Be an ambassador for Clune’s safety culture and OSHA standards to maintain a safe work environment and lead and document safety meetings.
• Maintain project documentation on site.
• Manage the close out process to obtain all required inspections, ensure timely completion of punch list work, successful commissioning of equipment, and training of the owner and/or owner vendors.
• Review general conditions and labor requirements with project management team keeping financial commitments top of mind throughout the project.
• Become proficient in, and utilize, Clune established systems and technology to work efficiently and to the highest standards.
• Participate in business development and client relationship management by attending industry events, networking, and developing beneficial working relationships with clients and designers.
• Attend career fairs and client/industry events.
• Contribute to the growth of the company by participating in the intern program as well as mentor Interns, Project Engineers, and APMs.
• Role model professionally for Interns, Project Engineers, and Assistant Superintendents.
What We Offer
At Clune Construction we value each of our employees and care about their wellbeing. We strive to provide best-in-class benefits packages, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with 100% of monthly premiums paid by the company
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company-paid and Voluntary Life Insurance Plans
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending, Dependent Care and Commuter Plans
- Career Development through Mentoring Program, Learning & Development, Continuing Education
- Fitness Program
- Pet Insurance
Core Values and Behaviors
Clune Construction is proud to have Core Values and Behaviors that all of our employees represent. These Core Values are: Service, Teamwork, Respect, Excellence, Leadership and Innovation. Performance is evaluated with these Core Values in mind.Requirements
- Pre-construction scheduling, logistics and planning.
- Ability to create project schedules and weekly look-aheads.
- Budgeting coordination with the project management team.
- Management of multiple projects and/or large/complex projects.
- Management and coordination of field team including subcontractors and owner vendors.
- Plans and specifications coordination with architects and engineers.
- Maintenance and management of Clune’s safety culture and OSHA standards.
- Ability to promote teamwork and open communication on the project site.
- Ability to recognize and resolve on-site challenges and issues.
- Must mentor and train field personnel and help support and develop talent.
- Participation in potential client interviews.
- Conscientious and flexible, with a strong work ethic and team-first attitude.
- Highly motivated with strong skills in time management and prioritization.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks.
Education and Experience:
- 6-15 years of experience managing commercial interior, healthcare, SCIF construction, and/or mission-critical projects.
- Experience managing all aspects of field operations including scheduling, quality control and coordinating sub-contractors.
- Solid background in construction trades and technical knowledge.
- Proficiency with scheduling software.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
All candidates must provide a resume.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.