Shipping & Receiving Operator
Who We Are
Johns Manville is a leading manufacturer and marketer of premium-quality insulation and commercial roofing, along with glass fibers and nonwovens for commercial, industrial and residential applications. Our products are used in a wide variety of industries including building products, aerospace, automotive and transportation, filtration, commercial interiors, waterproofing and wind energy.
A proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, we serve customers in more than 80 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering positive and powerful experiences, because we are successful only when our employees and customers thrive. We are passionate, we care about people, we perform at a superior level, and we protect others and our environments.
Pay Range$32,720.00-$44,990.00 Annual
This is the base salary pay range that an applicant can expect to make upon hire. Pay within this range will vary based upon relevant experience, skills, and education among other factors. In addition, this position is eligible for an incentive bonus.
Shipping and Receiving
Our plant facility located in Tucson Arizona is currently looking for a shipping and receiving position. Tucson is a production and job shop machining operation for Johns Manville. It utilizes modern machining and laser technology to manufacture proprietary equipment.
- Prepares paperwork, arranges shipment, weigh and prepares packages for shipment. Includes special handling, packaging, and documentation.
- Receives parts
- Puts away/stocks parts
- Inspects incoming shipments for visible and concealed damage and initiates a damage claim by notifying the carrier immediately of serious damage found
- Identifies inactive stock items
- Prepares and ships finished products
- Attends safety meetings
- Maintains stock rotation
- Re-arranges storeroom parts to maintain storage efficiency
- Labels shelves/parts as required
- Maintains target service levels
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- A minimum of 2+ years working in shipping and receiving
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Self-starter with ability to carry out assignments with minimal direction and supervision.
- Show initiative in supporting safety, plant wide.
- Computer competency with ability to learn various software programs.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to read, write and interpret complex items in English
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to consistently make appropriate decisions with frequent interruptions
- Additional Consideration Given to Those Candidates With:
- Forklift License or ability to acquire one
- Inventory Management
- Knowledge of SAP
- Completion of a machinist apprenticeship program or a technical certificate
- Knowledge of SAP
- Lift and move items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be capable of performing repetitive tasks.
- Must have to ability to operate various hand tools including pneumatic, electrical, and manual
- Ability to safely climb stairs and ladders throughout the workday.
- Ability to complete tasks associated with various hot works. Including the ability to wear necessary PPE to protect worker from such hot work hazards.
- Ability to wear steel-toe safety shoes for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to work in a noisy environment and wear hearing protection as required.
- Ability to work in a dusty environment and wear respiratory protection as required.
- Capable of using forklifts, cranes
Please Keep in Mind
If you do not meet 100% of these requirements, we at JM still want to hear from you. So, if you are interested in the role, we encourage you to apply so we can learn how your skills and talents can contribute to our team.
Johns Manville (JM) offers a wide range of benefits to employees. Some are subsidized by the company and others are fully employee-paid. Health benefits include a choice of comprehensive medical plans, a dental plan, vision plan, wellness program and critical illness insurance. JM sponsors a 401(k) plan which includes a sizeable company match. JM offers paid vacation and also provides paid sick and parental leave for eligible employees.
Additionally, Johns Manville provides basic life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and business travel accident coverage. Supplemental life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance are available as well. The company also offers a variety of tax saving accounts; health spending account, traditional flexible spending account, and a dependent care spending account. JM also offers a tuition reimbursement program for undergraduate and certain graduate programs.
Diversity & Inclusion
Johns Manville believes diversity and inclusion in our workplace is critical for the long-term success of our company. We are committed to retaining, developing and attracting a diverse workforce that fosters an inclusive work environment in which all employees are treated with dignity and respect. This is the right thing to do for our employees, our company and our communities. Our D&I council is composed of employees from locations across North American & Europe who meet regularly and work to promote and foster an environment of inclusion. Born from our D&I council is our network of employee resource groups (ERGs) that are focused on supporting diverse communities in the workplace. Review more about our diversity & inclusion initiatives on JM’s Career page.
Incumbent must be physically able to perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.