Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
This position will be responsible for managing New Product Introduction (NPI) projects for antibody and drug substance production at our North Creek Manufacturing site. The candidate will support successful completion of NPI projects for a portfolio of clinical & commercial products at the site through close collaboration with TOPS functions and alignment with the organization’s strategic priorities.
Key responsibilities include: leading cross-functional project teams towards successful completion and delivery of moderately complex NPI projects. This role includes end-to-end project management support including initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and closure of NPI projects while adhering to overall program timelines and goals. The candidate will also identify, drive and deliver on continuous improvement opportunities related to business processes and project management of new product introduction projects. The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience in biotech industry & biologics manufacturing with extensive experience in project management. This position will partner with site and global departments, e.g., Manufacturing, MSAT, PD, Supply Chain, QC, QA for active management of NPI projects and success throughout project lifecycle.
- Charter and manage team meetings for manufacturing of new products introduced to site as well as resupply campaigns; create and distribute meeting minutes and drive accountability for action items while adhering to overall program timeline
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders on inputs, task dependencies and deliverables with focus on quality and compliance with company standard operating procedures
- Develop project schedules, ensuring commitment to project task and milestone deliverables from team members and functional managers. Engage with project team to help manage project planning, execution and reporting as well as escalate issues.
- Develop and manage Smartsheet NPI project dashboards
- Track and monitor project deliverables and timelines to ensure timelines are being met
- Escalate when timelines are not being met and when barriers and roadblocks occur
- Provide metrics and updates on overall NPI project status including schedule adherence risk assessment and issue escalation as well as status of individual project deliverables
- Partner with corporate project management office (PMO) groups to align North Creek processes with corporate best practices and share lessons learned to improve NPI project management processes
- Identify and drive opportunities for continuous improvement in business processes and project management practices as it relates to NPIs
- Support site projects as and when required
- Perform other support activities as needed to support the overall efficiency of the Product Supply organization
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-10 years of experience in developing expertise in project management in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrated ability and skillset to successfully manage cross-functional projects
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively across departments and multiple levels of management and customers
- Be highly organized with high attention to detail
- Ability to keep order of multiple projects/tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Smartsheet and Microsoft Project or similar project management software
- Design of dashboards and other applicable resources
- Strong collaboration and presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Experience in biologics manufacturing
- Smartsheet certified
- PMP certification
- Experience working with ERP systems such Oracle or SAP ERP and change control management system such as Veeva Vault
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
The hiring pay range for this position is $87,000 - $112,000 per year based on skills, education and experience relevant to the role. Other components of total compensation include a competitive equity grant at the time of hire and an annual bonus.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
This employer participates in E-Verify.
- E-Verify Participation Poster
- Right to Work Poster