LMI is a consultancy dedicated to powering a future-ready, high-performing government, drawing from expertise in digital and analytic solutions, logistics, and management advisory services. We deliver integrated capabilities that incorporate emerging technologies and are tailored to customers’ unique mission needs, backed by objective research and data analysis. Founded in 1961 to help the Department of Defense resolve complex logistics management challenges, LMI continues to enable growth and transformation, enhance operational readiness and resiliency, and ensure mission success for federal civilian and defense agencies.
LMI is seeking a skilled Senior Data Scientist at our headquarters office in Tysons, VA (telework allowed). Successful LMI Senior Data Scientist demonstrate competency in data sourcing, data ingestion, data mapping, entity relationships, and data fusion/mediation.
You will provide data analytics for integrated project reporting and analysis to support our client’s programs charged with planning, acquiring, and managing the operation of technology and capabilities to keep our borders safe and facilitate travel and trade. Representative responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the integrated project team to compile, collate, integrate, and transform large sets of data into simplified, meaningful, and actionable trends and visualizations.
- Use data analytics to develop, populate, and analyze dashboards for transparent, real-time project, program, and portfolio measurement results and metrics.
- Route analyses, dashboards and performance measures to executives and managers to inform strategies and decisions.
- Access and manipulate data from multiple systems and platforms
- Identify interrelations and connect data and information across modern techniques.
- Support the maturation of data quality.
- Support the transformation of business process through automation.
- Analyze program and project cost, schedule, technical performance, and quality data for trends and issues common across the program management office to identify areas needing management attention or new strategies and opportunities to improve.
- Understand business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommend solutions that enable achievement of reporting goals.
- Maximize impact and utility of visualization products and enable automation where possible.
- Identify and resolve dashboard-related issues.
- Degree requirements: BS (MS+ preferred) in the fields of engineering, computer science, mathematics, probability & statistics, physics or similar
- 8 or more years of demonstrable data science project related work to include data management/engineering; data modeling; analytic model development, testing and validation; development and deployment of outcome visualizations such as dynamic/interactive dashboards
- High level of proficiency using/creating dashboards, workbooks, and databases; using data to drive business decisions; and building effective and engaging visualizations.
- MUST have experience working within the Palantir Foundry platform using Python for data management, analytics and modeling, and experience building dynamic visualization dashboards and graphics. Specifically looking for experience in Palantir Foundry applications such as Ontology Manager, Code Workbooks, Code Repository, and Workshop.
- Prefer heavy utilization of Open Source coding and data manipulation languages such as Python, SQL and R.
- Self-starter with the vision to independently identify opportunities for improvement through data analytics.
- Experience interacting and identifying commercial data source tools.
- Expertise in building and cleaning databases from multiple data sources, combining cost and performance information.
- Experience with developing queries for routine data requests and reports.
- A true team player who maintains a positive attitude in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with building, implementing, and supporting complex Tableau and/or Microsoft Power BI visualizations
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical concepts and structure research that simplify these concepts.
- Strong cross-cultural communication, collaboration, and organizational skills with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Active DoD Secret clearance is required.
- Extensive Army experience preferred.
- Masters degree preferred.
- 10-15+ years of experience preferred.