Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
Seagen is seeking a highly motivated and innovative Scientist to join the Analytical Sciences Department. The primary responsibilities of the Scientist will include method development and qualification, product characterization, and design and execution of comparability studies in support of pipeline program deliverables and regulatory filings. Additional responsibilities include authoring and review of technical reports and regulatory filings pertaining to characterization and comparability of Seagen products, leading product quality investigations, and providing technical leadership in support of development, qualification and troubleshooting methods spanning various analytical platforms including chromatography, capillary electrophoresis, and /or biophysical. The successful candidate will show the ability to work and thrive in a highly collaborative, matrixed environment.
- Characterization of biologics or bioconjugates using relevant analytical biochemical and biophysical methods such as HPLC/UPLC chromatography, electrophoresis, UV/CD/fluorescence spectroscopy, calorimetry, and light scattering
- Mentor/Supervise other group members in either direct or matrixed reporting capacities
- Represent analytical sciences in highly collaborative groups across process sciences, manufacturing, and research
- Contribute to the implementation of technologies and strategies aimed at successful and rapid development of novel biotherapeutic modalities
- Assist junior colleagues with sample analysis, troubleshooting, data review, and instrument preventative maintenance
- Contribute to early and late phase pipeline programs through development, qualification, and transfer of analytical test methods
- Perform product characterization and analytical comparability exercises on a diverse pipeline of biotherapeutics
- Author and review of analytical technical reports, IND/BLA filings, and other regulatory submissions
- B.S. and 10+ years; M.S. and 8+ years; Ph.D. and 0-3 years (may include post-doctoral experience) of industrial experience
- Strong working knowledge of fundamental biopharmaceutical principles including an understanding of protein structure, chemistry, and degradation mechanisms
- Practical experience with biochemical and biophysical characterization methods such as SE-UPLC, CE-SDS, icIEF, LC-MS, and UV/CD/fluorescence spectroscopies
- Good work ethic, team- and project-focused, and motivated to produce high quality data within aggressive timelines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, organization, multitasking, and demonstrated success working in a collaborative cross-functional environment
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
The hiring pay range for this position is $106,000 to $138,000 per year based on skills, education and experience relevant to the role. Other components of total compensation include a competitive equity grant at the time of hire and an annual bonus.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.