POSTING DATE:March 29, 2023
CLOSING DATE:Until Filled
Team: Office of School Choice
Reports To: Director of the Office of Enrollment & School Choice
Location: Central Office, Hartford Public Schools
This role will be integral to the operation of the Office of Enrollment & School Choice, particularly in the preparation and submission of invoices, credits, and bill collection for specialized services of suburban special education students enrolled in Hartford Public Schools’ magnet and open choice schools.
Responsibilities of the Position Include:
· Create and distribute spreadsheets for all magnet and open choice schools to verify suburban billable services,
including: special education student services and hours per week of service; 504 services; and, other services
· Maintain contact lists for the suburban school districts receiving invoices and other pertinent information
· Prepare data files, regarding rates and regulations for services to suburban students, for distribution to schools and other districts
· Utilize Bookkeeping system to create invoices, credit memos, statements, and processing of reimbursement checks received
· Communicate with magnet and open choice schools to obtain necessary documents for invoices/credits
· Timely responses to customer services questions and concerns, including direct contact with districts to ensure accurate annual updates
· Provide timely invoice/credit reports on billable special education services
· Assist in communications regarding the magnet schools, including, invite lists for all magnet lottery rounds and
PowerSchool error reports for magnet and open choice schools
· Work with school staff to correct errors that affect magnet and open choice funding
· Assist with various data projects as assigned by the Director
· Performa other duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge, and Skills of Ideal Candidate:
· Associate’s degree with five (5) years’ experience in customer service fields, preferred
· Experience working with financial matters, specifically billing
· Demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task and produce quality, detailed work
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with office staff, administrators, and other personnel
· Ability to problem solve matters and use good judgement in escalating matters to managers
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly with Microsoft Access
· Ability to maintain professional demeanor under very stressful conditions
· Excellent customer service and communication & interpersonal skills
· Ability to use technology to maintain a variety of records
· Demonstrated knowledge of District policy and procedures
· Ability to manage time effectively and work an extended day
Terms of Employment: 12-month employment
Union Affiliation: N/A
Evaluation: Performance evaluated yearly by Director of the Office of Enrollment & School Choice
To Apply: To apply online, please visit http://www.applitrack.com/hartfordschools/onlineapp.
Note: The above description covers the principle duties and responsibilities of the job. The description should not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all duties, or as a contract. In all cases, these relationships, functions and their applications are subject to change by the Superintendent of Schools.
Hartford Public Schools (Hartford, Connecticut) isa diverse community of educators and approximately 18,000 students attending 39 distinctive magnet, community, and neighborhood schools, located in the capital city of Connecticut. We are committed to being a leader in innovative urban education, cultivating equity and excellence for all of our students, closing the opportunity gap, and preparing students for college and life. HPS recruits and selects highly talented, diverse, and qualified candidates with a passion for urban education, a commitment to our Hartford students, families, and community.
Why Should You Choose Hartford Public Schools?
Hartford Public Schools is seeking excellent candidates and wants to provide the best experience for you. We have put together a comprehensive package of benefits and incentives, including:
● Competitive salary
● Career growth opportunities
● Tuition reimbursement
● Rich health care plan (including dental & vision)
● Life insurance
Hartford is the Place for You
The state of Connecticut is seated on the northeastern seaboard. Hartford is within an hour’s drive of the coastline and is centrally located between New York City and Boston. Hartford is one of America’s oldest and most historic cities, made up of 17 unique neighborhoods rich in history and diversity. It is commonly known as the “insurance capital” due to its prominence beginning in the 19th century as home to many of the most prestigious insurance companies in the U.S., many of which still call Hartford home today. The city features world-class museums, entertainment, and sports venues and is home to several major companies. An array of restaurants reflecting cuisines from all over the world attract people from far and wide, and more than 200 arts, heritage, and cultural organizations in the Hartford region provide hundreds of events year-round. In addition, several universities and colleges are in Hartford and the surrounding towns, allowing easy access to advanced degree programs.
An Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D