Production Supervisor - Conover (Conover, NC, US)
We, at Elite Comfort Solutions LLC, are searching for a Production Supervisor within our cuttingteam to help support our bedding team. Did you know we are a global leader in foam technology? That’s right! In fact, we have been pioneers in this industry for over 20 years. Since then, we have partnered with Leggett & Platt and been an industry leader in guaranteeing you get the best sleep possible. If you join our team, your work will ensure people across the world have a little more comfort in their lives.
As a Production Supervisor you will have the opportunity to supervise and coordinate activities of production and operation workers in multiple departments. Your contributions will have a direct impact on the business by empowering all employees to be as effective as possible. Please note this is OVERNIGHT MON-THUR SHIFT 6pm-4:30am
So, what will you be doing as a Production Supervisor?
- Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staffing levels, to ensure that activities are performed effectively, and to respond to fluctuating workloads.
- Data entry for production lines.
- Coordinates with other supervisors on daily schedule, workflow, personnel issues, etc.
- Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work-related problems.
- Review work throughout the work process and at completion, in order to ensure that it has been performed properly.
- Check specifications of materials loaded or unloaded against information contained in work orders.
- Inform designated employees or departments of items loaded, and problems encountered.
- Evaluate employee performance.
- Prepare and maintain work records and reports.
- Fills in for any area, employee, or department as needed.
- Process the orders in order to communicate material flow, and follow up on rush, sample or shortage orders.
- Check all equipment, tools, PPE to be sure all is in proper & safe condition.
- Ensure that workers are using personal protective equipment, complying with all safety policies and using safe work practices.
- Coordinates with the Human Resource Department and Plant Management to document infractions and discipline employees for poor performance, violation of safety practices, and other policy/rule violations, as necessary.
- Report changes in production that affect the essential job duties, minimum job requirements and possible safety hazards for jobs in areas of responsibility to the HR Department to ensure job descriptions and JSAs are kept current.
- Check quality of material coming into departments and monitor the status of various orders.
- Show operators how styles are to be fabricated and assist in the training of new employees in those operations.
- Expedite necessary orders through the plant.
- Assist in making sure all raw materials are ordered as needed.
- Relay any necessary information to plant personnel.
- Perform quality checks.
- All other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience in manufacturing setting
- CNC Cutting experience
- Comfortable using horizontal and vertical saws
- Previous foam experience
- Strong knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Capable of communication, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the ability to find errors and correct them.
- Ability to effectively present information and answer questions from managers, customers, sales force, etc.
Things we consider a plus:
- College degree in related field.
- Previous work in lean manufacturing environment
What to Do Next
Now that you’ve had a chance to learn more about us, what are you waiting for! Apply today and allow us the opportunity to learn more about you and the value you can bring to our team. Once you apply, be sure to create a profile, and sign up for job alerts, so you can be the first to know when new opportunities become available.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs, and describe how we approach working together.
- Put People First reflects our commitment to safety and care of each other, learning and development, and creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect, empathy and belonging.
- Do the Right Thing focuses us on acting with honesty and integrity, delivering the results the right way, taking pride in our work, and speaking the truth – good or bad.
- Do Great Work…Together occurs when we engage without hierarchy, collaborate as a team, embrace challenges, and work for the good of all of us.
- Take Ownership and Raise the Bar demonstrates our responsibility to add value and make a difference, challenge the status quo and biases to make things better, foster innovative and creative solutions to drive impact, and explore new perspectives and embrace change.
Our Commitment to You
We're actively taking steps to make sure our culture is inclusive and that our processes and practices promote equity for all. Leggett & Platt is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veteran status, and more. Join us!
We welcome and encourage applications if you meet the minimum qualifications. Even if you do not meet the preferred qualifications, we’d love the opportunity to consider you.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer
For more information about how we handle your personal data in connection with our recruiting processes, please refer to the Recruiting Privacy Notice on the “Privacy Notice” tab located at http://privacy.leggett.com