Manager of Conservation Programs – South Atlantic (Hanahan, SC)
Manager of Conservation Programs – South Atlantic
Ducks Unlimited, Inc., the world’s leading wetland and waterfowl conservation organization, is seeking qualified candidates for the Manager of Conservation Programs position to lead our conservation efforts in the South Atlantic states of Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. This position will be located at the South Atlantic Field Office in Hanahan, South Carolina and will report to the Director of Conservation Programs.
The South Atlantic conservation program focuses on restoring, enhancing and protecting critical wetland habitat and has conserved over 538,000 acres. We are seeking an individual with proven abilities in team leadership, project development and implementation, land protection, strategic and business plan implementation, budget and personnel administration, programmatic fundraising, partnership development and stewardship to help lead and grow our conservation programs.
A minimum of 5 years of related experience and a M.S. or Ph.D. in ecology, biology, natural resources, or environmental sciences, with a strong background and passion for wetlands and waterfowl conservation is preferred. Candidates must have excellent communication and relationship building skills and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a diverse team. This position will be located in the South Atlantic Field Office in Hanahan, SC. Significant regional travel is required. Other positions may be available based upon experience and education.
Duties will include:
• Providing leadership to facilitate the growth and implementation of DU’s conservation initiatives in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia, with a focus on wetlands, waterfowl, water, coastal resiliency, ecosystem services, and working lands.
• Supervising a diverse staff of conservation professionals, including biologists and land protection specialists.
• Guiding the development, funding, selection, prioritization, and delivery of conservation projects, including wetlands restoration and enhancement, conservation easements and fee acquisitions.
• Managing existing diverse and discrete program elements including, development and administration of grants and agreements with the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation, North American Wetlands Conservation Act, Natural Resources Conservation Service, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and state and local agency-funded efforts and have vision to pursue new funding and project opportunities for program growth.
• Build, strengthen and maintain relationships with federal, state, private landowner, and corporate partners.
•. Preparing and managing annual budgets.
• Working with development and fundraising staff to secure funding for conservation work and programmatic growth.
• Assist national, regional, and state specific communications and marketing efforts.
• Working with Directors of Conservation Programs, Planning, Policy, and Services on regional strategic and business plans, fundraising, science, public policy and budget and personnel administration.
HOW TO APPLY:
Internal Candidates- log into https://workforcenow.adp.com with your employee credentials, click MYSELF, TALENT, CAREER CENTER and follow the prompts to APPLY
External Candidates- Please fill out the application materials on this link: www.ducks.org/jobs and attach a resume, professional references, and cover letter stating your interest and qualifications for the position along with your vision for Ducks Unlimited’s conservation program in the South Atlantic. For more information regarding this position, please contact: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org This application will remain open until the position is filled.
Salary and Benefits Package: Salary commensurate with experience. We work hard to encourage everyone at Ducks Unlimited to bring their authentic selves to work every day. DU offers an exceptional benefits package that includes comprehensive group medical, prescription, dental, and vision insurance, including spouse and dependent coverage; minimum three weeks paid vacation to start; paid sick leave and 10 paid holidays; 401(k) plan (including partial employer match); and tuition reimbursement.
DUCKS UNLIMITED, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Ducks Unlimited, Inc. to afford equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, military status, disability, age, or genetic information except where age or gender is a bona fide occupational qualification as allowed by the Civil Rights Act of 1964. It is the policy of Ducks Unlimited, Inc. to afford equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or over), disability (physical, mental or visual), genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), military and veteran status, immigration status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.