Machine Design Engineer (Carthage, MO, US)
We make life more comfortable.
Leggett & Platt’s overall mission is a commitment to enhance lives – by delivering quality products, offering empowering and rewarding careers, and doing our part in bringing about a better future.
Leggett & Platt’s inventive heritage and leadership in the residential products industry span more than 130 years. As The Components People, we are the leading supplier of a wide range of products and components for all areas of life, including mattress springs and carpet cushion, as well as bedding machinery and erosion-control products.
From aerospace tubing and fabricated assemblies to flooring underlayment and carpet cushion, Leggett & Platt has divisions that design, manufacture, and sell a variety of products. Our reliable product development and launch capability, coupled with our global footprint, make us a trusted partner for customers in the aerospace, hydraulic cylinders, flooring, textile, and geo components industries.
Learn more about the history of Leggett: https://leggett.com/history
Leggett & Platt Automotive is a global provider of wire forms, mechanical control cables, wireless charging, as well as seat lumbar, suspension, bolster, actuator, and motor systems. In addition to these award-winning, category-leading products, we offer tailored goods due to our expertise in product development and attention to market trends. Our unique competitive advantages give us unmatched insight into the demands of the consumer.
Learn more about Leggett & Platt Automotive: Leggett & Platt Automotive
We, at Leggett & Platt Inc., are searching for a Manufacturing Engineer (Machine Design Engineer) within our Carthage, MO operationto help support our Automotive business. Did you know we are the world’s leading designer and manufacturer of seating support and comfort systems for transportation manufacturers, as well as tier one and two suppliers within the automotive industry? That’s right! In fact, in 2019, we were named as one of GM’s “Supplier of the Year” recipients. Our automotive products fall into four primary groups: Seating and Lumbar support, Wireless Charging, Motors and Actuators, and Mechanical Cables. If you join our team, your work will ensure people across the world have a little more comfort in their lives.
As a Manufacturing Engineer (Machine Design Engineer) you will have the opportunity to perform engineering work related to researching, designing, and developing equipment using
electro-mechanical products and tools to develop and commission production equipment. Will
collaborate with others to implement tools for production processes. Responsibilities include
meeting production and quality objectives using effective technology techniques and quality materials.
So, what will you be doing as a Manufacturing Engineer?
- Designs machines and machine elements
- Manages work project schedules and project budget
- Programs Logic Controls application and utilizes other programming skills
- Perform other duties as requested or as deemed appropriate
- Conform with the environmental policy and procedures and with the requirements of the environmental management system
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Bachelor of science degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, technical related degree, or relevant work experience (Math skills including algebra, trigonometry, and analytical geometry, 2D and 3D solid modeling CADD drafting software)
- Working knowledge of design and application for design of machine elements (problem solving techniques for stress analysis, pneumatic and hydraulic power systems design application, kinematics and mechanism concepts and design, ability to read, understand, and create engineering drawings, geometric dimensioning, and tolerance)
- Electrical control system design and application (PLC, Servo/stepper motor application design and programming, working knowledge of robotic applications, working knowledge of PCs and MS Office application software)
- Working knowledge of machine shop practices (ability to operate basic machining equipment given instruction)
Reasons You’ll Love It Here
Our benefits may vary slightly from one location to the next, but what you will find, is that we offer: medical, dental, and vision insurance; as well as paid vacation, paid personal time, and various opportunities to give back to your local community. One convenient fact about our medical plan, is that we offer tele-visits, so you don’t have to leave the comfort of your home when you are feeling under the weather! We also strongly encourage and provide opportunities for learning and professional development. Our Learning & Development team has put together in-house training on subjects like front-line supervisor essentials, how to manage conflict in the workplace, and many others.
What to Do Next
Now that you’ve had a chance to learn more about us, what are you waiting for! Apply today and allow us the opportunity to learn more about you and the value you can bring to our team. Once you apply, be sure to create a profile, and sign up for job alerts, so you can be the first to know when new opportunities become available.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs, and describe how we approach working together.
- Put People First reflects our commitment to safety and care of each other, learning and development, and creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect, empathy and belonging.
- Do the Right Thing focuses us on acting with honesty and integrity, delivering the results the right way, taking pride in our work, and speaking the truth – good or bad.
- Do Great Work…Together occurs when we engage without hierarchy, collaborate as a team, embrace challenges, and work for the good of all of us.
- Take Ownership and Raise the Bar demonstrates our responsibility to add value and make a difference, challenge the status quo and biases to make things better, foster innovative and creative solutions to drive impact, and explore new perspectives and embrace change.
Our Commitment to You
We're actively taking steps to make sure our culture is inclusive and that our processes and practices promote equity for all. Leggett & Platt is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veteran status, and more. Join us!
We welcome and encourage applications if you meet the minimum qualifications. Even if you do not meet the preferred qualifications, we’d love the opportunity to consider you.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer
For more information about how we handle your personal data in connection with our recruiting processes, please refer to the Recruiting Privacy Notice on the “Privacy Notice” tab located at http://privacy.leggett.com