Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
Seagen’s new cGMP manufacturing facility “project Launchpad” is being built in Everett, Washington, just North of Seattle. Launchpad will be a greenfield build encompassing end-to-end manufacturing capabilities for biologics and antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs).
In this critical role you will be performing hands-on operations in the areas of shipping and receiving of GMP material, inspection, freeze down, storage, transferring, issuing and shipment of materials, drug substance, intermediates and conjugated materials governed by Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). Responsible for the overseeing shipment of samples and coordination of shipments of materials, drug substance, intermediates and conjugated materials for Quality Control (QC). Also responsible for SOP revisions, deviation writing along with equipment periodic reviews.
- Works in a team or independently on the following assignments that are complex in nature where substantial skill and initiative are required in solving problems and making recommendations
- Freeze down, inventory and shipment of GMP bulk drug substance, intermediates and conjugated materials
- Receipt, inspection, receipt into Oracle ERP system, quarantining of GMP raw materials and manufacturing aids for Manufacturing
- Receipt, inspection, receipt into Oracle ERP system, quarantining of drug substance, intermediates
- Shipment of samples and coordination of shipments of materials, drug substance, intermediates and conjugated materials for QC according to IATA/DOT 49 CFR Regulations
- Material requisition fulfillment and delivery of GMP raw materials and manufacturing aides to Manufacturing
- Preforms cycle counts and inventory reconciliation as required
- Download temperature monitors as required for business
- Inventory control and maintenance of drug substance, intermediates and conjugated materials
- Write and revise department reports, OP’s, deviations and equipment periodic reviews as needed
- Writes and acts as owner of Change controls as needed
- Coordination of shipments with external contract sites as needed
- Frequent inter-organizational and outside interactions
- Train new employees
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business Administration, or Associate’s degree preferably in Business Administration or a technical program, or High School Diploma with Biotech/Materials Management certificate from an approved program desirable
- 5 plus years of GMP Materials Management or biotech/pharma relevant industry experience
- Strong shipping skills, IATA/DOT49 CFR certification
- Good organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to prioritize competing tasks. Proficiency with PC desktop applications and business operations software systems
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, and execute work appropriately with minimal supervision
- Experience in Quality management systems working on deviations, change control, and corrective / preventive actions
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Handle and work with hazardous materials and chemical per standard operating procedures and OSHA guidelines
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Flexibility in being able to work over-time, holidays, weekends and different shifts along with being on-call as required to meet business and customer needs
- Biotech/Materials Management certificate from an approved program desirable
- Experience with Materials Management and biotech/pharma
- Software aptitude with emphasis on MS Office products and ERP solutions
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
The hiring pay range for this position is $83000 - $108,000 per year based on skills, education and experience relevant to the role. Other components of total compensation include a competitive equity grant at the time of hire and an annual bonus.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
This employer participates in E-Verify.
- E-Verify Participation Poster
- Right to Work Poster