Job SummaryUnder the general direction of, and reporting to, the Assistant Director, the Counselor-in-Training Intern position is responsible for assisting with various components of the Counseling Internship Training Program. This position assists in counseling, diagnosing, treatment planning, documentation, programming, and administrative duties.
- Provides individual and group counseling, crisis intervention, and assessment. Completes clinical documentation and clerical paperwork.
- Provides outreach support and engagement.
- Attends required supervision meetings and staff meetings.
- Provides administrative support, which includes but is not limited to, answering phone and email inquiries, and triage duties.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Fosters and maintains a safe environment of respect and inclusion for faculty, staff, students, and members of the community.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Attends assigned meetings and trainings.
*Regular, predictable, and punctual attendance is required.
- Must be a graduate student in a CACREP accredited Master’s program in Counseling or a related field.
- Must be a student in good academic standing, with the availability of at least 8 or more hours per week.
- State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to work site(s).
- Counselor-in-Training License by the Counselor, Social Work, Marriage Family Therapist Board.
- An appropriate combination of education, training, coursework, and experience may qualify a candidate.
Compensation: $20 an hour
*CSCC has the right to revise this position description at any time. This position description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
Full Time/Part Time:Part time
Union (If Applicable):
In order to ensure your application is complete, you must complete the following:
- Please ensure you have all the necessary documents available when starting the application process. For all faculty positions (Instructor, Annually Contracted Faculty, and Adjunct), you will need to upload an unofficial copy of your transcript when completing your aplication.
- Prior to submitting your application, please review and update (if necessary) the information in your candidate profile as it will transfer to your application.
If you are a current employee of Columbus State Community College, please log in to Workday to use the internal application process.
Thank you for your interest in positions at Columbus State Community College. Once you have applied, the most updated information on the status of your application can be found by visiting your Candidate Home. Please view your submitted applications by logging in and reviewing your status.