HVAC Service Technician
Authority Brands Inc. headquartered in Columbia, MD is a leading provider of home services, building brands that support the success of our franchisees, as well as bettering the lives of the homeowners we serve and the people we employ.
The HVAC Service Technician provides exceptional customer service and educates customers regarding technical and investment decisions by providing multiple options and solutions while making service calls in customer’s homes.
- Serves the clients of the company by expertly servicing and repairing heating and air conditioning systems and components.
- Focuses on technical excellence in order to help live up to the company’s unique proposition of Always On Time…Or You Don’t Pay A Dime! ®.
- Utilizes the Straight Forward Pricing Guide® system, including the True Cost Calculator on each call.
- Assess systems to determine repair vs. replace recommendations to clients. Explains each service and repair performed to the customer each time a service or repair is completed. Makes sure that the client is 100% satisfied with all work.
- Tests each system after each service or repair is completed prior to leaving the customer’s home to make sure that the system is working properly and that it was fixed right the first time.
- Performs a proper inspection of the customer’s system to prevent future breakdowns.
- Accurately completes all paperwork including. All recommendations are written on invoices.
- Explains Club Membership Agreements to every customer and maintains a conversion rate of at least 25% of non-Club Members and a 90% renewal rate on existing Club Members.
- Provides customer leads to the Sales Lead Coordinator when identifying a potential need for system additions or replacements.
- Obeys the One Hour Code of Ethics, Team Rules, and Team Philosophy.
- Two or more years of experience in the HVAC industry.
- Must have prior, successful experience as a Service & Repair Technician in the HVAC industry.
- NATE certification preferred.
- EPA Type 1 and 2 Required.
- Must display strong communication skills and technical competence.
- Must sign the Company Code of Ethics and agree to being videotaped for training and compliance purposes at least six (6) times per year.
We believe our greatest assets are our employees, we offer competitive salaries and a full benefits package to include, PTO, paid holidays, 401(k) and more.
Authority Brands Inc. conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions however we do not sponsor Visa’s at this time.Authority Brands Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Family Retail
- Pay Type Hourly