At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters – to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.
For almost a century, investors around the world have trusted MFS to achieve their investment goals. Since 1924, when our founders invented the mutual fund, collaboration, a long-term focus and skilled active research have fueled our success. As a leading global investment manager, we hire employees who share our values, align with investors who share our long-term philosophy, and always act in the best interest of our clients.
MFS is exploring launching a suite of transparent actively managed exchange traded funds. We are seeking individuals with significant ETF expertise to join MFS to support and guide this strategic initiative. ETFs will provide investors in the U.S. with another vehicle option for accessing the long-term value that MFS creates.
The Head of ETF Capital Markets leads the buildout of investments and trading capabilities for MFS, coordinating across the firm on the launch and maturation of successful product and process. This individual is responsible for ensuring overall ETF investment and trading health, supporting ETF client engagement and managing strategic external relationships across the ETF capital markets ecosystem.
- Establish and develop the ETF capital markets operating model at MFS, including with respect to staffing, governance and process; coordinate with key stakeholders on the integration and alignment to the overall MFS operating model.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders on the buildout of technology solutions required to support the ETF operating model and product growth, including software and integrations.
- Manage internal ETF Capital Markets efforts, including: the buildout of investments and trading capabilities and process; coordination of invest, trade, create and redeem activities; internal and external oversight and monitoring procedures.
- Manage external partnerships and relationships across the ETF capital markets ecosystem, including Authorized Participants (APs), Market Makers, Exchanges, third-party technology and data vendors.
- Coordinate with investment teams on ETF portfolio management and basket creation/redemption.
- Coordinate with internal and external trading teams on efficient liquidity management and trading practices.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, including distribution teams, on internal ETF education efforts.
- Coordinate with product teams on ETF product development, including: competitive analysis; initial seed strategy; listing venue, AP and market maker selection and onboarding process.
- Create internal ETF Capital Markets KPIs, market commentary and business communications for internal distribution; contribute to the production of relevant markets and business external communications.
- Represent MFS ETFs at industry conferences and events, including for the purpose of guiding MFS on market structure and liquidity evolution.
- Minimum 15+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Deep ETF subject matter expertise in portfolio management, trading and market structure.
- Subject matter expertise across global asset classes, including Equities, Fixed Income and FX.
- Proven leadership experience in building and managing various aspects of an ETF business.
- Strong industry relationships with the ETF capital markets ecosystem.
- Strong analytical skills and decision-making capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with experience in a collaborative, team-based, results-oriented environment.
- Motivated, entrepreneurial mindset with impeccable ethical standards.
At MFS, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate for this role or others.
What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, linked for your reference.