LMI is a consultancy dedicated to powering a future-ready, high-performing government, drawing from expertise in digital and analytic solutions, logistics, and management advisory services. We deliver integrated capabilities that incorporate emerging technologies and are tailored to customers’ unique mission needs, backed by objective research and data analysis. Founded in 1961 to help the Department of Defense resolve complex logistics management challenges, LMI continues to enable growth and transformation, enhance operational readiness and resiliency, and ensure mission success for federal civilian and defense agencies.
LMI is seeking a Full Stack Developer/Front End Engineer to work with team members to design and use existing innovative software programs that improve and simplify Training Management Information Systesm for the U.S. Army.
- Work with team members to design and use existing innovative software programs that improve and simplify the Training Management for the Army.
- Ensure all new software functions smoothly across various programs and platforms, including mobile systems.
- Meet with managers and representatives of Army to discuss software issues and brainstorm methods of solving existing problems.
- Write original code and update existing code, ensuring that all code meets program requirements.
- Perform intensive testing of all new and existing programs to ensure they are free of errors and function as intended.
- Update and debug existing systems to ensure a smooth user experience and a uniform look across a variety of platforms.
- Optimize new and existing programs for mobile use, including smartphones and tablets.
- Keep up to date on the newest technological innovations in the field and be ready to apply relevant innovations to our software systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and/or 10+ years of directly related experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience planning, analyzing, designing, implementing, testing, and maintaining software applications for an enterprise level system.
- Experience using industry guidelines and best practices for developing software including Git, agile methodologies, CI/CD, and automated deployments.
- Senior Developers must be technically savvy with a flair for creativity and innovation.
- Must have a strong background in coding front end web apps with frameworks such as React, Vue, and Angular.
- Must have strong knowledge of user interfaces.
- Must have skills in user interface development experience using industry best practices and standards in CSS for DOM element layout to facilitate UI/UX.
- Clearance: Minimum of a Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS with SCI accessibility required.
- Knowledge of containerization of nodejs apps
- Knowledge of low code / no code BI presentation tools such as Appian
- Knowledge of the Army software development process and its technologies.