Stadium Grounds Internship
Department: Fields & Grounds
Position Reports To: Director of Field Operations
General Description: The Baltimore Ravens are looking for a seasonal intern who will assist with the maintenance and preparation of the natural grass field at M&T Bank Stadium during the 2024 season. The ideal candidate should have a passion for turfgrass management, previous experience in athletic field maintenance and be willing to work on a team to keep the field up to the standards set forth by the NFL. The candidate should expect to work long hours throughout the football season in all types of weather conditions.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Mow, irrigate, aerate, sweep, top-dress, edge and fertilize natural grass NFL football field.
• Groom and clean the artificial turf sidelines.
• Assist with the painting of the field in preparation for games.
• Assist with set-up, use, and moving of the field grow lights on and off the field.
• Assist with getting the grow and rain tarps on and off the field.
• Assist with snow removal from the field.
• Assist with cleaning of equipment and the grounds maintenance shop.
• Assist with repairing of the field immediately following games and events.
• Assist with game-day set-up and breakdown of the field as well as in-game duties.
• Assist with field set-up and breakdown of non-football events.
• Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Required Education and/or Experience:
• Be enrolled or recently graduated from a two or four -year Turf Management or Horticulture Program.
• Minimum of one year of athletic field experience.
• Experience in operations, maintenance, or grounds keeping/landscaping role.
• Excellent references from previous employer/college/university.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs, work on feet for an extended period, and work long hours, in any kind of climate.
• Must be willing to work 40+ hours per week including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Self-motivated, hardworking individual who has a passion for excellence as well as football.
• Strong attention to detail and willingness to go above and beyond the tasks assigned.
• Ability to operate heavy machinery including mowers, tractors, forklifts, and skid steers.
• Must have the ability to interact well with others including other employees of the organization, media, and outside vendors.
• Competitive wages with overtime
• Daily meals provided
• Team issued apparel
How To Apply:
Interested applicants must apply online and submit a cover letter, resume & reference list. All applicants will be reviewed carefully. No phone calls or follow-up emails, please.
The Baltimore Ravens is an EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's or employee's race, gender, age, national origin, color, religion, disability or any other protected basis under applicable law. Apply Now
- Pay Type Hourly