Authority Brands Inc. headquartered in Columbia, MD is a leading provider of home services, building brands that support the success of our franchisees, as well as bettering the lives of the homeowners we serve and the people we employ.
Electrician will perform tasks related to electrical repair and/or installation of electrical equipment for residential customers and is responsible for maintaining customer health, safety, and satisfaction.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, apparatus, and fixtures.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, ensuring compliance with codes.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment.
- Place conduit inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete the circuits between boxes.
- Construct/fabricate parts; fasten boxes to wall to house electrical switches or outlets.
- Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services.
- Works closely with other departments to ensure the proper transfer of all service work business data.
- Inspection of area for cleanliness after job completion respecting the customer’s property.
- Maintains company vehicle, ensuring cleanliness and organization, both inside and out.
- Always maintain a professional image.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of verifiable experience as an electrician in a residential service and maintenance operation.
- GED or High School Diploma.
- Associate degree in related field preferred.
- Basic math and reading comprehension.
- Knowledge of electrical field concepts, practices, best practices, and procedures including the technical ability to understand and interpret Electrical Codes, Life Safety Codes, NFPA, Uniform Building Codes and Lighting Systems.
- Solid communication and customer service skills.
- Must have appropriate trade tools.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen
We believe our greatest assets are our employees, we offer competitive salaries and a full benefits package to include, PTO, paid holidays, 401(k) and more.
Authority Brands Inc. conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions however we do not sponsor Visa’s at this time.Authority Brands Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Family Retail
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $25.00
- Max Hiring Rate $35.00