Child Day Care Organizer- Adult Education (N145-2324)
POSTING NUMBER: N145-2324
POSTING DATE: August 1, 2023
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
POSITION: Child Day Care Organizer – Adult Education
REPORTS TO:Director of Adult Education
PRIMARY FUNCTION:Assists in the supervision of children of Adult Education students
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Implements academic assistance (i.e. homework help/tutoring) to children ages 4 to 11 while parents are in the Adult Education program taking classes.
· Assists in the overall effective management and coordination of the Adult Education Childcare program.
· Assists in the activities of program planning, implementation, and ongoing need assessment.
· Assists in the development of the childcare curriculum.
· Assists in facilitating communication between children and parents.
· Participates in programs that will improve childhood education programs.
· Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or designee.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE:
· Associates Degree.
· Experience working with children within a daycare setting.
· Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse communities is essential.
· Develop and maintain favorable relationships with administration, staff and parents.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
· Must be willing to participate in in-service training and staff meetings as required.
· Flexible schedule preferred.
CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Non-certified
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: This is a ten-month work year position. Annual Salary $35,000.
UNION AFFILIATION: Non-bargaining
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All current internaland external applicants must submit an online application. To apply, please visit https://app.hirenimble.com/jobs/hartford and follow the appropriate link.
Hartford Public Schools (Hartford, Connecticut) isa diverse community of educators and approximately 18,000 students attending 39 distinctive magnet, community, and neighborhood schools, located in the capital city of Connecticut. We are committed to being a leader in innovative urban education, cultivating equity and excellence for all of our students, closing the opportunity gaps, and preparing students for life, college, career, and success.
HPS recruits and selects diverse professionals, who are committed to developing students’ individual, academic, social, and emotional capacities and growth within the classroom and beyond. Highly talented and qualified candidates with a passion for urban education, a commitment to our Hartford students, families, and community are strongly encouraged to apply immediately!
Why Should You Choose Hartford Public Schools?
Hartford Public Schools is seeking excellent candidates and wants to provide the best experience for you. We have put together a comprehensive package of benefits and incentives, including:
● Competitive salary
● Career growth opportunities
● Tuition reimbursement
● Rich health care plan
● Professional development
Diversity Among Us
Hartford Public Schools is a diverse community of scholars and educators. Among our 18,000 students, there are 90 languages spoken; 22% of our student population are English Learners. Over 85% of the population are students of color. At Hartford Public Schools, we are well above the national average for diverse teachers and administrators. Among our teachers and administrators, 27% and 47%, respectively, identify as people of color.
Hartford is the Place for You
The state of Connecticut is seated on the northeastern seaboard. Hartford is within an hour’s drive of the coastline and is centrally located between New York City and Boston. Hartford is one of America’s oldest and most historic cities, made up of 17 unique neighborhoods rich in history and diversity. It is commonly known as the “insurance capital” due to its prominence beginning in the 19th century as home to many of the most prestigious insurance companies in the U.S., many of which still call Hartford home today. The city features world-class museums, entertainment, and sports venues and is home to several major companies. An array of restaurants reflecting cuisines from all over the world attract people from far and wide, and more than 200 arts, heritage, and cultural organizations in the Hartford region provide hundreds of events year-round. In addition, several universities and colleges are in Hartford and the surrounding towns, allowing easy access to advanced degree programs.
NOTE: The above description covers the principle duties and responsibilities of the position. The description should not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all duties or as a contract. In all cases, these relationships, functions, and their applications are subject to change by the Superintendent of Schools.
Position Subject to Available Funding
An Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D