Assistant Safety Coordinator
Join the Clune family where you’re valued as an employee owner! Clune Construction is proud to be made up of passionate, driven, unique individuals who exhibit integrity and value quality in everything they do. We welcome diversity of thought and life experience. As an employee-owned company, we invest in our people and in turn, our people benefit from a culture of shared fate. We believe this has led to us being the fortunate recipient of countless awards for our culture and ethics, including Best Places to Work, a Top Workplace nationally, and the Better Business Bureau’s Torch Award for outstanding ethics.
The Assistant Safety Coordinator works with project teams to ensure compliance with safety and environmental procedures. The core job duties include conducting safety audits and inspections and evaluating and ensuring improvements for jobsite safety.
What We Offer:
At Clune Construction we value each of our employees and care about their wellbeing. We strive to provide best-in-class benefits packages, including but not limited to:
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Flexible Spending, Dependent Care and Commuter Plans
- Employee-Owned Company with ESOP Plan
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Pet Insurance
- EAP and Wellness Programs
Core Values and Behaviors:
Clune Construction is proud to have Core Values and Behaviors that all of our employees represent. These Core Values are: Service, Teamwork, Respect, Excellence, Leadership, Innovation and Safety. Performance is evaluated with these Core Values in mind.
- Act as an internal consultant to all company business units with respect to safety.
- Ensure Clune employee, trade partner, visitor and vendor compliance with Clune safety guidelines, project requirements, local, state, and national safety regulations.
- Contribute to safety department, company and project safety meetings.
- Attend outside training for added designations and to keep up with changes in the industry.
- Role model professionally for Clune employees, trade partners, visitors and vendors.
- Communication and interpersonal skills that will be utilized to hold discussions with various members of Clune and/or trade-partner communities, ranging from field employees to executives.
- Ability to organize weekly and daily schedules that may involve a combination of meetings, walk-throughs, etc.
- Detail oriented with the ability to maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Ability to be timely and prompt to act as a dependable resource to project teams.
- Computer skills; e.g. Microsoft office suite, iOS applications, etc.
- Have a good driving record and reliable means of transportation for project visits.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear; climb stairs and/or ladders, and walk on uneven ground.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and health or related field preferred
- Construction – OSHA 30 hour certification, preferred.
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local safety standards.
Location Specific Requirements:
- Knowledge of MOSH and VOSH safety standards.
All candidates must provide a resume.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.