Assistant, Acquisitions & Co-Productions
Summary of Position
The Assistant, Acquisitions & Co-Productions will support the Executive Vice President, Acquisitions & Co-Productions for the Motion Picture group. This position requires a film enthusiast who can handle a variety of administrative duties in support of daily operations while demonstrating strong attention to detail and sound judgment.
- Maintain calendar and scheduling
- Facilitate meetings for high-profile entertainment executives and potential business partners e.g., producers, directors
- Manage and prioritize project tasks and appointments
- Maintain a phone sheet and roll calls (taking notes on each call and keeping track of follow-up items)
- Data entry, filing and tracking of all incoming and existing creative/administrative documents, including script/project submissions
- Read scripts and write coverage when requested
- Make travel arrangements and prepare itineraries and expense reports
- Interact with agencies and filmmakers to set internal screenings
- Evaluate project submissions when requested
- Take notes in meetings and summarize action items
- Interface with various departments across Lionsgate to coordinate information sharing
- Support the Acquisitions & Co-Productions team on an as needed basis as directed by his/her/their supervisor
Qualifications and Skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Resourceful in finding solutions to problems
- Knowledgeable and articulate about film
- Ability to constantly multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Must have excellent computer skills (e.g., MS Office)
- At least 1 year of work experience in entertainment/media preferred
- Must be an excellent writer and proofreader
- Able and willing to work long hours
- Live in Los Angeles
- A college degree is preferred
About the Company
Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) encompasses world-class motion picture and television studio operations aligned with the STARZ premium global subscription platform to bring a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. The Company’s film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and a valuable collection of iconic film and television franchises. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for audiences worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate’s motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships, a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster’s Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy Award® nominations and 32 Oscar® wins.
In addition to its mainstream commercial releases, Lionsgate’s Motion Picture Group includes specialty film distributor Roadside Attractions, an industry leader in award-winning prestige movies, Pantelion Films, the U.S. market leader in Spanish-language releases, a top film production and distribution brand in the UK, and multiplatform distributor Grindstone Entertainment.
- Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
- 401(k) company matching
- Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
$43,000 - $45,000
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws. In addition, Lionsgate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Lionsgate will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.